Sunday, August 29, 2010

Nearly time...

Labor Day Weekend is coming up and I'm all excited to go to my favorite festivals this year since last year I was in too much pain to enjoy them.

Top of the list festival of the weekend -
The St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church Greek Festival!!My family never misses out on this one - the best food EVER. It's pretty much acknowledged to be a top event to visit in St. Louis. They are always packed and if you go - prepare to wait in long lines for food. Well worth it, though. My favorite are the shishkabobs, pilaf and a piece of their sinfully good spanikopita. Mmmmm... I can't wait.

Also at the festival - Greek dancing, a little maketplace for jewelry, clothes, etc. and a tour of the beautiful church.


Click on the dancing men for more information and pictures, but I have to say it is much better in person - I think they need a better photographer and website designer.

Next up:

The Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden. Click on the banner for a direct link. I love the Taiko drumming, the Sumo wrestling, the fantastic kimonos and jewelry for sale, the food, I could go on and on. The garden has a beautiful Japanese garden available to visit year round. My cousin got married there and it was just beautiful.

Crossing my fingers while I hope for good weather...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...