Saturday, July 14, 2012

Vintage Cat and Fox Postcard Pics to Cheer Me (and You) Up

Having a rather tough few months - real life can be such a downer at times...so I was amusing myself with some cute vintage pictures/postcards of two of my favorite animals and thought I'd share some of my faves...



 So dapper!  I wish I could get my kitty to sit still long enough to wear one!


So sweet!  Who wouldn't be cheered up on your birthday with this on your doorstep?

 Or soothed when sick by these sweet kitties?

And then we have...

 I love foxes!  The fact that my last name means fox in gaelic is a point of pride.  I even named my dog, Fox.  (Okay, he's named for Fox Mulder from X-Files, but also because of our love of foxes - it's a win/win kinda thing...)





This postcard has both a kitty AND a couple of foxes...plus rabbits!  All my favorite animals in one!  If you like rabbits, too - do be sure to see my old post with vintage rabbit pics as well!!

Ah, I feel better now, don't you?  ;)  I spent the day running around craft stores trying to get more jewelry supplies and I just wore myself out.  I've had such a headache and backache all evening and it is just too darn hot for running around.  And now I checked the weather and see that it will get back up to 99+ degrees again this week.  How ever will I cope?? 

Have a great weekend and if you are where it is hot - stay cool and hydrated!!!  Drink lots of lemonade and hit the pool, I know I am!  The Mad Tea Party approaches...

1 comment:

Laura S Reading said...

I love cat postcards. It was a tradition that I got one for my birthday from a favorite aunt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...