Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Decor - Black and White

I was digging through my Halloween decorations and putting out the usual decor (jack o lantern candle holders, handmade banner, etc.) when I realized I didn't want the same old look. I really love the black and white look - it's cleaner and some how more spooky, isn't it?



And it goes so well with my train sign I bought months ago...



I placed a few antique white candles, an apothecary jar of white balls with black letters, a black crow, a black pedestal bowl (with candy corn, of course), and I used one of the frames I use in my shop to make a simple image of a phrenology chart in it on one side of the fireplace...oh and don't forget the vintage black cat head (I think that was a dollar store find, but I can't remember)



And on the other side is the handmade Haunted House I made years ago (Edgar Allan Poe picture is inside on black and white wallpaper) along with a very cool Victorian style birdhouse I bought at Big Lots a decade or so ago, a tree, a white pumpkin, another crow. And of course on each side are spider candle holders.




Very cute, no? I love my simple, but beautiful mantle this year. No need for orange. ;)


How are you decorating this year? Comment/post a link to your own pics, I'd love to see them. One more week to Halloween, Ghouls and Gals...


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

spiceblogger said...

I def think the black and white look is more spooky!
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to check out those choc chip cookies now....

Happy Halloween! :)

http://inthelandofspice.com/2011/10/22/halloween-party-bloghop/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...