Saturday, August 25, 2012

Feeling Sad...

A week ago we had to say goodbye to our dog, Fox.  He was the sweetest dog that ever lived.  I'm a cat person, but this sweet little pup won my heart with his gentle eyes, big floppy ears and curled little tail...


We bought him outside a Walmart one day when a lady said she had to move and couldn't take him with her.  She claimed he was a Sheltie and would be a smallish dog so maybe we could handle a small dog since we already had a couple of cats.



Clearly she was wrong as he kept growing and growing, and while his fur did get soft and fluffy in places similar to a Sheltie as well as the floppy ears and a fluffy tail, he must've had a larger dog in the mix, possibly a German Shepherd?  Anyway, he kept thinking he was a lap dog at around 70 lbs.  :)  Everyone that met Fox loved him, no matter how much they might not like dogs or animals in general, because he was just so sweet and loving and eager for you to love him back. 

I had a dream last night that he was in our backyard, but I knew he wasn't alive in the dream.  Just came back to visit me.  I woke up so sad.  I've lost two cats and a dog over the last two years to old age and am now down to just one kitty.  The house seems empty at times.  I don't think I could ever want another dog, Fox was just a one of a kind and it seems wrong to try and replace him at all. 

I'll always miss you, Fox...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...