Monday, January 24, 2011

Shop Update

Some new items I've posted in my shop lately...


A lovely shabby chic frame with vintage sheet music and a lovely silhouette.
A box I made while thinking of my Yiayia (Greek for Grandmother). She came to his country from a little village in Greece so I papered a box with vintage Greek book paper and stenciled a young girl on it. She grew up very poor and had to pick up olives in all kinds of bad weather, even the snow and cook and clean for her family. She was kind of a Greek Cinderella. She was the younger, prettier sister who was treated badly and whenever a suitor was interested in her the family said they had to marry off the older sisters first. It was a very hard life for her.
To honor her I made this little memento box.
She taught herself to sew and has remained quite crafty - even to her ripe old age of 89 today. (I posted a few months ago a quilt she made me). She still makes crocheted purses, hats, scarves, etc. She can't stand not to do something with her hands.


And in honor of Valentine's Day...

Doesn't this look like a box of chocolates?? Only healthier, I suppose. LOL

My favorite silhouette of a young lady on a heart shaped box. I have some more Valentine's Day related items to finish and hurry up and post.
Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...