Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Etsy Items PLUS Halloween Decor Idea!!

Hello, all - I'm reporting to you live from my bed where I am confined flat out with some of the worst back pain ever (and that's saying something) for the foreseeable future. So, what better time to update both my shop and blog?

First up, I made a little Fairy house - this time with vintage French book paper and a red roof. Oddly enough, in the past I made text houses with a black roof and music houses always had a red roof so that's a minor change here...


SOLD



It's just too cute!




SOLD



I didn't antique it, either - left it clean and simple. I think they look good both ways, but if someone did want to buy it and wanted it antiqued I could do that - just convo me at etsy or comment here.




SOLD



Bigger and better pictures are on Etsy, of course.






Next up is a set of vintage French book papers with some pretty Naturalist images.



SOLD


These were inspired by Naturalist collections that people often collected in the 1800's and early 1900's. They would collect butterflies and pin them up to display, collect birds' nests and sea shells, feathers, etc. I put a little selection of my own on the french paper and as you can see it takes up much less room than a real Naturalist collection would. LOL SOLD



You could frame and display them all together or seperate them into groups - the pair of sea shell pages and the butterflies with the other insects, etc. It's all up to you. I wish I had one of those display coffee tables with a clear glass window to a collection below. I'd lay these out on the bottom and then add my own shells and curiosities with it. You could decoupage a cabinet or table with these, too. Lots of possibilities.




I just love nature and collecting things so this was a natural decision. LOL




SOLD


And last, but certainly not least - summer is nearly over and soon we will be facing the Fall again and my very favorite holiday - Halloween!! I decided to make a spooky little series for my own vintage Halloween theme and then I put it up in the shop so I guess I better make another set for myself. :)




I just love the prim crow, the haunted house, Phrenology chart and that spooky little eye staring at you. I'm going to frame mine and display them in the hall or the living room, I think. They'd look good all year round, really.







Doesn't this get you in the mood for Halloween?? I'm feeling it!








Just thought I'd share a few things that are in the shop. I'm getting antsy and a bit bored laying here in bed staring at the ceiling. I hope my back gets better soon as I'm feeling rather useless and the pain is pretty bad. If anyone has a link to a fun site or a shop or something they think I'd like please feel free to comment here. ;)



ETA: After a cat scan and resting my slipped disc is healing and I'm back on my feet. Yay. Just gotta take it easy and be careful.

1 comment:

Heather said...

yay, I just love when autumn is fast approaching, dont you? these are great creations!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...