Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fashion Fri - I mean Saturday: Cute AND Practical Sandals

Is anyone else as frustrated as I am at the lack of cute practical sandals in the stores? For over a decade or so I've mourned the lack of decent sandals to wear with shorts or pants when running around in the spring and summer.

It seems to me sandals are sorted into two categories these days: Super Dressy Tart (high heels and bling) or Rock Climbing Butch. So they are either too fancy to wear every day or they are super athletic (not to mention ugly) and the exact same style being sold in the mens department. Ugh.

Well the other day I searched zappos.com for some alternatives and found these:



Wedge sandals by Cordani. Only problem is they are $180 and I wasn't quite prepared to shell that much money on a shoe I can't even try on so I went to Amazon and found the exact same shoe for much less! The dark brown ones were $126 - still pricey, but the gray ones were $75 or so.


They have since run out of this color, but they still have the more expensive 'black' (I think it is really dark brown) ones. Only a few left so if you are interested hurry up and buy them. They arrived super fast even with free shipping and they are very comfy and nice looking in person. Exactly what I wanted. I'd buy the other color, too, but I'm still on a budget.


So my mother saw the sandals and loved them so much she was going to buy some until she found these sandals by the same company:


Cute, huh? She snatched them up as there were only a few left. I'm not sure how practical red sandals are, but they were too cute to pass up.
And then I saw these recommended under the listing for those shoes and ended up buying these by Jambu.

So, long story short - I'm all ready for sandal season. LOL I can't wait to wear my new shoes!


All shoes are available at Amazon as of 3/3/12. Some may be available at Zappos, but more expensive. Sorry for lack of links, but it is 2 in the morning and I'm tired. Zzzzz...


Anybody else know of a good sandal available out there? My requirements are good arch support, a bit of a heel, but not too high and they must be CUTE. :)


Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...