Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Year
and
New Silhouettes for the shop!!
 
  Vintage Style Oval Framed Jane Austen Style Silhouette on Antique Sheet Music - a Young Boy - Shabby Chic Downton Abbey Decor
I've added a few of the new silhouettes I'll be adding to the shop over the next few months.  Two ladies and a young boy.  All are Regency period like the other silhouettes I offer in my shop, but these are a bit larger and different profiles.  I will be adding more when I have some slightly bigger frames in stock as they are a bit larger.  I love having some more variety available!

Vintage Style Oval Framed Jane Austen Style Silhouette on Antique Sheet Music - a Young Boy - Shabby Chic Downton Abbey Decor


First up, a boy who reminds me of a young Mr. Darcy or perhaps he is the son of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet? 

Vintage Style Oval Framed Jane Austen Silhouette on Antique Sheet Music - Shabby Chic Decor


And this could be Miss Elizabeth herself, or Elinor or any of Miss Austen's characters, but I do like the fact that it looks remarkably like Miss Austen's own silhouette as seen in the National Portrait Gallery in London.  It's slightly different, but still evokes her spirit.  I think this is my favorite of the new silhouettes.

Vintage Style Oval Framed Jane Austen Style Silhouette on Antique Sheet Music - Shabby Chic Downton Abbey Decor
 

This one reminds me of Downton Abbey's Mrs. Bates for some reason.  Perhaps her proud bearing and elaborate hat.  I picture her sipping tea and listening to gossip while she waits for her husband to come to her. 

And speaking of Downton Abbey - how glad am I to have the new season finally here!  I love having the silhouettes about my house as they make me feel like a piece of Downton Abbey is in my own home, just think of Mrs. Hughes sitting room.

Many more new silhouettes to come - be sure to check my shop out for more coming up soon.  I also have a few items that are perfect for Valentine's Day. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...