Monday, May 23, 2011

All Keyed Up (again)

I've posted about my crazy love for antique keys before (just check out that beautiful fabric in this older post of mine if you haven't seen it already!)


And this love carries into jewelry. I have key necklaces (as seen in previous blog post link above), but until now I've yet to see key earrings that I like in the stores - they tend to bling them out and make them fake looking. so I decided to make my own. And then I decided to sell a few while I'm at it in case anyone else wants some.



The antique silver colored ones are my favorite. I kept them simple on purpose - I love these tiny keys...









And I also bought them in oxidized copper, but I thought I'd add some of the smaller gold keys with them...




SOLD




Just thought I'd share them. All up at the shop right now along with those green balloon animal earrings.






I've been hearing a great deal about the people of Joplin, MO, who suffered terribly from the tornado yesterday. My thoughts are with them. It was a horrible huge tornado and there were lots of casualties (last count was 120 and still counting) - we've been hit with lots of extreme weather lately and more scheduled. *sigh* I hope it calms down soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...