Thursday, April 22, 2010

All Keyed Up

I had a theme birthday without ever meaning to...
First it started with a little gift to myself a few days before my birthday. I had a chance to swing by a TJ Maxx and at the jewelry counter they had some key sterling silver key necklaces! Wow, were they stocking them just for me? Too many choices and some so very ornate, but in the end I just picked the most simple and realistic looking key that appealed to me the most.


I liked it so much I bought my mother one, too, different style, larger and gave it to her as an early birthday present. I'd show a pic, but I think she may be wearing it today...
(This pic is on a VERY old lace collar on my mannequin which I got as a present brand new and we've been working on antiqueing it to look like an old mannequin as I can't find one on my own and Romantic Homes showed us a great way to make a new one look old. It's only half done so I'll show it off when done.)

Then this came in the mail:
A giftie from my Fairy Vintage Godmother... You may remember me going on and on in previous blog posts on how much I liked this fabric here.
Well, turns out she didn't even have to buy it at the online store - she just opened her magic fabric cupboard - okay huge room of fabric - and voila - key fabric already purchased and sitting there!! She said she might as well send it to me since I loved key fabric so much and it was going to waste sitting there. Isn't she sweet?? I LOVE it!! If you look close, you see my three ringed key on it, and the other plainer looking one with just an oval head is JUST like the one I bought my mom.
And I thought it so funny to get key fabric right after buying myself a key necklace. Then later that night mom plopped down a few big brass keys down she'd tucked aside for me...
Another sign!! I'm officially calling this my Key Birthday this year. I hope it unlocks my dreams and makes it the best year ever. ;) Already today I finally got the courage to go and buy myself some nice business cards. I hope I made the right choice.
Also a nice surprise on my doorstep after a lovely lunch out at Joe's Crab Shack (Yes, I ate my fill of crab legs - YUM!! Big treat for me!!) and with a big smile already on my face I found that I'd gotten a delivery of flowers from an old friend...

Very pretty and colorful. I had a great birthday. Thanks to those who commented on my earlier post. You'll be happy to know no cats got into my cake this year. LOL Kept it under lock and key...(no pun in tended) in its box and it was delicious. Off I go to get to work... Have a great Thursday!
Nicki
58Cherries

2 comments:

Miss Linda said...

Well...Happy Birthday. Love the theme, regardless if you didn't plan it that way. I collect old keys..Love them. One of these days I will put them up as a post. The flowers are just beautiful. Hope your birthday was a great one for you. Stopping by from SITS. Thank you for sharing.

58 Cherries said...

Thanks! I've always loved old keys and I have so many charms and and other large old keys and even decorative victorian locks - really cool stuff I ought to make a display. I wish I had one of those display coffee tables were you can change displays under glass - I've been looking for one for YEARS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...