Sunday, April 4, 2010

Colorful Easter...

Hope you all had fun this Easter. The Easter bunny gave me a Dove chocolate bunny - mmmm....can't wait to eat it! And we had a small dinner - first you are of course welcomed by our stone rabbit that guards the hall window:
He greats you with spring blossoms from a tree and directs you to the table. Which at first was a little plain:

So I added a few more of my mother's egg cups and eggs to make it more colorful:
She collects egg cups so that isn't even all of them and we didn't do much decoratingwise as it was just a small lunch. Still I wanted to show you this special 'egg cup' my mum loves so much she keeps it in her room year round. You can put your earrings and rings in it by your bedside, etc. Isn't it cute??

Anyway, I didn't take a picture of our food as we were so hungry we dived into it as it came out of the oven. Just the basic ham with pineapple, au gratin potatoes, asparagus, and crescent rolls. And for dessert - carrot cake, of course. :) Then we went to a movie and I'm exhausted now and ready for bed already. So tired. Good thing we have plenty of leftovers. This Friday my grandmother goes in for surgery so I'll be a bit wrapped up in that. She should only be in for 3 days so we're hoping for a speedy recovery. And since my aunt is still recovering from her surgery and another in law was in the hospital for a stroke recently...I'm getting tired of hospitals and worrying about everyone. Let's all hope this is the last one we have to go through for awhile. I'm hoping for a bit of peace and good health for the rest of the year *knocks on wood*.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...