Monday, December 5, 2011

Chantilly Raspberry Cookies

I like most of Pepperidge Farm's cookies, but my favorite one seems to be discontinued. Does anyone else miss the Chantilly Raspberry cookie?



They were crisp cookies with raspberry filling, a pie like crisscross on top and sprinkled with powdered sugar. They were divine. I miss them so much. I tried to make something similar last Christmas - I thought maybe they were linzer tart cookies, but alas - close, but no cigar. I found them not crisp enough and too spicy. Too much texture, too.


So does anyone have any ideas for what I could try as a recipe? I'd like to make my favorite cookie for the holidays.


No pictures of my Christmas decorations yet as I'm only half way there- so many boxes to go through! I'm donating and tossing out as much as I can as we've got way too much for one family! LOL I have enough for the whole neighborhood, I think.


Happy December!

7 comments:

Rodzilla said...

I feel your pain. These were my favorite pepperidge farm cookies. I found your site while I was searching for what happened to them.

Anonymous said...

The Best cookies of all time! I miss them!!

Anonymous said...

I also loved these! I feel like they were a little different when they first came out, they changed them and then they disappeared! I just ate a homemade cookie that reminded me of them.

Cheese with Noodles said...

What kind of Linzer tart cookies did you make? I was surprised that you said they didn't taste right because my entire reason for liking the Chantilly cookies is that they were like Linzer Augen :) I lived in Austria for a year and ate my fill of them! Linzer Augen are not spicy though and the texture is pretty much like a crunchy sugar cookie. Did you make miniature Linzer Torten? It sounds like you may have. The Linzer Torte is a different dessert. Pretty soon I'm going to try making some Linzer Augen and I will let you know if they turn out like the Chantilly cookies, if so you can try the recipe if you want :)

Anonymous said...

You can still find them in the big boxes of the Fruit and Butter assortment, curiously enough. You cannot find the peach-flavored variety (called Montieri) at all, however. I miss them, too.

Unknown said...

The following recipe link worked really well for me: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/raspberry-linzer-cookies-2/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=raspberry%20linzer%20cookie&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page I used my daughter's 2 1/2 in. easybake oven scalloped round cookie cutter--rec. a 2 in. diameter, though and Smucker's seedless raspberry fruit spread. Dusted the outside of the bottom cookies with powdered sugar prior to adding the fruit spread and then dusted the outside of the top cookie prior to placing it on the fruit spreaded bottom---press down and watch the fruit spread oose through the holes of the top layer---used a straw, in lieu of lattice work, but these were too small. Rec. using something with a 3/8" opening for holes--I used the smaller opening of a corer/juicer tool. Check out the end product (noting the smaller vs larger holes): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4819581380437.172690.1623497771&type=1 Enjoy! Julie...

Unknown said...

I miss them so much! Ever had any luck? I want to experiment using a crescent cookie/wedding cookie recipe. Am going to boil down some raspberry jam to give it the more leathery texture that I like of the Chantilly raspberry. The box said it contained dehydrated apple and citric acid too. Will add a tad of that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...