Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lazy Saturday

This morning was spent in fruitless search of a good garage sale or rummage sale and now the evening is spent lounging with my kitties in bed while surfing the web. Such a lazy day. I'd better go check my tomato plants soon, though, I've neglected them a few days and they must be bursting with ripe tomatoes again.


I love summer and its wonderful bounty in my own back yard. Just check out the tomato salad I had the other day -







It has lovely cherry tomatoes and beefsteak tomatoes and little yellow heirloom tomatoes all from the garden. Yum. A touch of red onion, cucumber, oil, lemon, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and you have delicious summer dish.


And just look at my little display of summer produce on my island:


I got the little stand at Hobby Lobby and it is so cute with the little birdie on top - it was a depressing gray when I bought it so I painted it white, but left it rather antiqued looking.




And here is just a random pic or two of my shoes, just because I'm clearly obsessed with mary janes.



I got these at Payless years ago, but kind of forgot about them until now.

Oh, and I posted another sheep pic at my store, btw.

2 comments:

SquishyCuteStuff said...

Ooohh... fresh tomato salad! I like making something similar with cukes, also. I am TOTALLY coveting your bird tiered tray thingy! I like how the white looks on it, too. High five!

ps... I am sooo tempted by those sheep canvases!

58 Cherries said...

Thanks! My family loves to make tomato salad in the summer. I love the bird tray - it was the only one they had last time I looked, but if you have a Hobby Lobby you should try and find one. I find the neatest stuff when I least expect it. I'll have to show a pic of my business card holder next post.

ps - I lowered the price a bit if you noticed. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...