Thursday, March 11, 2010

Inspiration Thursday: Spring is here! Okay, almost....

Oh, I know it isn't 0fficially spring yet, but the garden doesn't know it yet, shhh...it's coming alive... And just look at these beautiful crocus flowers...


Just a glimpse of a bit of my room, you can see my white N and a fleur de lis, my white headboard, pale blue walls and the beautiful impressionist painting of ladies at the beach I put up whenever warm weather approaches.

And a common thing for me to do - buy an old lady picture in a gaudy gold little frame that no one wants at the garage sale for like a quarter, paint the frame white and voila:
This is my favorite - got it at a flea market. Love the pink flowers and the detail of water in the glass vase: But sometimes I'm given or I buy a pretty frame and paint it white and then find the perfect little piece of art to go in them and place them around the room - this hangs on the other side of my bed above my other lamp:
And my round mirror - another gaudy gold mirror - this time given to me by my grandmother, I painted it white and LOVE it, I clustered little (varying shades of white) pictures around it and one darn cute small mirror.
Just spreading a little spring around. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

You have worked magic with these beautiful cast-away pictures! I love the blue frames.
Yvonne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...