Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today's Post is brought to you by the Tomato...

Time to ketchup on a few things that I've been given or made based on the tomato...
My sugar bowl:

Given to us by Auntie Mae last year and now she's given us a funky little tablecloth to match...




But even more importantly, today I made Fried Green Tomatoes. Yummmmm...





They are super easy, make it just like you would fried chicken, but with green tomatoes:



Flour, eggs, green tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste - so simple, yet so good. They are hot and salty and crispy on the outside and tart on the inside. The perfect fall treat.

2 comments:

SquishyCuteStuff said...

Too bad you don't have a whole set of those sugar bowls... at first I thought they were soup bowls with lids and I thought "What an ingenious idea!". LOL

I am big fan of fried zucchini, eggplant, etc (who ISN"T?), but I have never tried fried green tomatoes. I must do that someday ☺

Anonymous said...

That sugar bowl is AWESOME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...