Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Saying Goodbye...

Sorry I've been so quiet lately, but not only was life hectic, but I lost my best friend, my sidekick and my treasured companion to old age just a few days ago.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Lestat - so typical of him, rolling around in clean laundry getting it all furry and in need of washing again. :)

I raised him from a tiny kitten along with his brother (who was obviously named Louis as I was an Anne Rice fanatic at the time - hey, I was 14 when the movie came out) and I loved him so much, but even more so - he LOVED me. He was MY cat - he claimed me so. He followed me everywhere, slept next to me every night - forcefully got into my lap even if it meant climbing on top of my laptop...

I'm glad he's not in pain anymore (it hurt to see him in the pain he was obviously in for the past year) - but I miss him dreadfully and there is a big gaping hole in my heart that will never be fully healed.

Goodbye, Lestat...I miss you...

1 comment:

Olivia said...

im so sorry to hear about this :(
we lost our family dog a few years ago,and I know what you mean by the gaping hole, its awful :(
but soon you'll just remember how they made you laugh and their unique personalities that made them your pet and how great they were :)
hope your feeling better soon
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...