Thursday, November 10, 2011

November Inspiration - Etsy Update

Hello, sorry to have been so quiet lately. I've been busy and sick - and then sick and busy, etc. I'm working on a commission for an Etsy customer for three Shabby Sheep canvases - each a bit different so they can be hung as a group. The canvases are being very stubborn about the whole thing and I've been tearing my hair out working on them when I feel well enough to, but I am nearly done so yay!

Also - there are a few new items in the shop I'd like to point out. First up - a new set of Thanksgiving/Fall Prim boxes.

This set is the best looking so far, I think. Since each one is handpainted and stenciled and then antiqued and sealed - they never look exactly alike. This one is more matte finish than the last one and I think the colors all over look very nice indeed. I'll gladly keep this one around if it doesn't sell. :)



They are nesting boxes - they store nicely - I also like to keep some of my other holiday decorations inside them and then I know just where they are since the boxes are of the same theme.


They look great individually and stacked up high. I just love the Early American Font that spells out 'Give Thanks' on the top box. The middle box has a sprig of Bittersweet on it and the bottom box has three pumpkins. I also stenciled the backs so there is no true 'back' to them - they look great all around.



Available at my store here.





And I have new jewelry to show off! First up - a Fairy Door necklace! I love fairies (as you probably know from my Fairy houses and also my Fairy silhouette) and this door pendant is so darn cute!



It's a Gothic/Medieval looking door - kind of Hobbit looking - just check out those tiny details! The door hinges, the window, the doorknob, etc.







Available at my store here.


And best of all? It opens up!!





You could put a pinch of glitter inside or a teeny tiny photo maybe. The door has magnetic closure - it doesn't swing open unless you tug on the knob to open. A very nice steampunk/fairy jewelry piece. I've strung it on a similarly colored chain, but you could change that easily enough - maybe a beaded necklace or on velvet or satin ribbon? So cute!

And the typewriter jewelry has a new addition, too!


I found a new setting I like a great deal - it is a bit more substantial than the filigree setting - I love both so much I've posted a necklace in both round settings. This H has the new setting.





You can see larger images at my etsy store, of course.




And here is another of the very popular filigree setting...





I love the letter E and as I was making this it struck me that it could stand for Edward. Yes, I am one of those secret Twilight fans. I like the books better than the movies. I can't help thinking this is an excellent necklace for Twilight fans as it is an old fashioned setting and using the typewriter key - well I'm sure he used one and probably has one in his room still. ;)



Available here.


If you have a Twilight fan you'd like to buy a gift for (or one for yourself!) - this would be a great choice. I could also make one with a B for Bella - or any initial you like. Make sure you convo me asap, though, the popular letters sell out fast. I've already run out of black N keys, but I do have some in white, etc. Just convo me on Etsy or comment here if you are interested.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...