Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mad for Plaid - Getting in the mood for FALL!

I'm in the mood for some plaid...

Labor Day weekend is nearly upon us and I just can't get the idea of a cute little plaid dress out of my head!  But, sadly I can't find anything in the stores right now that I like.  I did find a few google hopping, though.  OH, and since I mention that I gotta say - if you look for plaid skirts through google, be prepared to find thousands and thousands of 'naughty school girl' skirts.  Ick!  The alternative was usually schoolmarm, though, skirts down to the ankles!  What?!  So I changed it to dresses and found these...
 A sophisticated take on the dress and very pretty, but a little prim for my taste.  Would be great if I worked in an office, but since I don't...

 This is kind of a compromise - I think it could be dressed up nicer?  Well, it won't help me, anyway - last year's offering, apparently.  And same goes for all the others I found...

 This is supposedly the same dress worn two different ways by celebrities.  And while Emma looks quite cute and preppy her way, I like the color of the one on the right, which I can't believe is the same dress.  The lighting difference makes them look totally different!  This is a McQ dress - $$.  I love that bright Stuart plaid color, but I can only find it in clothes for the rich or in a slutty Halloween costume skirt.  *sigh*  If anyone finds something that is reasonably priced and currently available, could you share a link??? 

And I thought these tights were awfully cute...


Have a Great Labor Day Weekend!  It's gonna rain, rain, rain here, but Monday is supposed to be nice.  I'd love to go to the Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden, but money is tight and my mom has Lupus and it is difficult to near impossible to enjoy outdoor festivals anymore.  (Can't walk far/at all sometimes and can't be in sunlight).  My church will be having their annual Greek Festival with the best Greek food in town.  I don't know if we'll splurge on that or I can make my own shishkabob again.  I finally got the trick down to make them taste as good as the church's!  That plus some nice pilaf and a Greek salad sounds heavenly right now. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...