Monday, June 6, 2011

Just a Note...

...to let you know I'm still alive - only very badly burnt. You see, I decided to go swimming and I wanted a bit of a tan. So I only put a SPF of 4 on - deep tanning sunscreen, you see. And then proceeded to stand in direct sunlight at noon on the hottest, sunniest day we've had so far for about an hour and a half. I fried my shoulders, chest, upper back and scalp. Ouch.

I was so stupid. I could feel the top of my head frying and I didn't get out. I forgot to put any suntan lotion on my face at all and the only reason I spared most of my face from a burn is that I had really big sunglasses on. *sigh* I'm an idiot and I'm paying for it. It's been a lovely hot, sunny weekend and I'm still shut inside with my sizzling hot skin and hair I can't stand to brush. I can't even move my arms above my head to do it even if my scalp didn't hurt so much as my shoulders are too burnt to let me move them. Oh well...I won't make that mistake again this summer, hopefully.

Gratuitous pictures of my pretty red typewriter...

Because I also wanna show off my cute turquoise vintage suitcase I bought for myself this past Christmas...

Isn't it pretty? Goes so well with the red typewriter and my white picture frame. I love it. I went to see a movie at the mall and there was this seasonal shop open with the CUTEST stuff. It was like one of the best Etsy stores open in the mall and I just HAD to have this suitcase. And of course I can't remember the name of the shop and it is gone with the season. Oh well. They had put lovely vintage paper all over the walls and had cute stuffed fox pillows and so many wonderful items. Perhaps they'll come back to the mall next Christmas. I'll have to keep my eye out.

Hope you all had a better weekend than I. Don't forget your sunscreen!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...