Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Monday

Happy Monday to all - I hope you all had a great weekend and a Happy Father's Day. We had a lazy weekend BBQing and watching movies. My mother and I did some jewelry making, too. I must take a few pictures and show you what she made me.

And I have a few new items in the shop (and in process of going into the shop). First off - I bought some very cute little white oval frames with antique detailing that was just too perfect for pairing silhouettes so I made two different versions.

First, a couple - A Gentleman in a high colored shirt and jacket with buttons and A Lady with a bit of decoration in her hair...

These look cute haning on the wall AND sitting on the shelf, don't you think??




Check out the detail on the frames - little curlycues.







And the other pair are of children. A Little Boy and a Young Girl...




All of these silhouettes are on vintage French book paper.



The white is so shabby chic and perfect for summer, I think. I love them on the shelf with sea shells and boat pictures. I think I need to make a pair for myself instead of selling them all...




And since last week I sold my larger framed silhouette on music paper I decided to offer up my own framed silhouette I'd made for myself. It's been hanging on my wall. It's also on vintage French book paper...






SOLD


She used to fit in below the picture of my grandmother as a flower girl and next to my grandfather in his uniform...And be sure to check out the same style detailing - antique looking, slight distressed look to the black frame.


SOLD





And last, but not least - some flower pictures...




My very dark red Sweet William came back again this year and is doing well - I love this color - so vivid!



And one of the four different colors of cone flowers I have - this is my favorite shade, I think...




And a few pictures from my grandmother's yard. Her vine covered bench...






Her flowering bee balm and other plants in front...


I love summer - even with the extreme heat and nasty thunderstorms. Hope you all are doing well. I need to get ready for the tea party now!!

3 comments:

AlphaBetsy said...

Those silhouettes are to die for. Gorgeous.

Linda said...

Love the frames and the keys. They go very nicely together..Are the silhouttes of family?

Unknown said...

Hi there wonderful frames..wow! I see you are joining the Mad Tea Party..so am I! Can't wait to have Tea this Saturday whooo hooo! ~ Trish
www.sweetology101.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...